Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2022
Auburn University, B.S. in Chemical Engineering
Alexander “Alex” Bennett is an associate at Irwin IP whose practice focuses primarily on patent litigation in U.S. Federal District Courts. Alex’s practice includes litigation strategy, discovery management, and legal research for a wide variety of clients throughout the automotive and health industries. Alex’s passion for IP law originates from his work with both scientists and executives and his function as the liaison between the two.
- Part of a team representing a Fortune 500 company in defensive utility patent litigation in the Western District of Texas
- Researched and analyzed complex legal topics related to inequitable conduct, willful infringement, patent assignments, and discovery requirements
- Drafted notice of discovery disputes to the court and communications with opposing counsel
- Organized, reviewed, and prepared e-discovery
- Part of a team representing a global equipment supplier in defensive utility patent litigation
PRO BONO/VOLUNTEER WORK
- Assistant Coach for the Chicago-Kent Trial Advocacy Program ranked #7 by U.S. News and & World Report (2023 rankings)
- Volunteer Attorney for the Veteran’s Consortium Pro Bono Program providing free legal support for veterans in their appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veteran’s Claims
During law school, Alex competed in both the South Texas Mock Trial Competition and Buffalo-Niagara National Trial Competition placing quarterfinalist in both competitions. He plans to continue to specialize in both intellectual property and trial advocacy.
Before law school, Alex obtained a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from Auburn University. During the pursuit of his undergraduate degree, Alex worked for a nylon manufacturer at a chemical plant in Pensacola, Florida handling a variety of engineering matters. After completion of his undergraduate degree, Alex worked for an automotive lubricant manufacturer and distributor in the Detroit, Michigan area. Alex’s work included working directly with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the Detroit, Michigan area.